Saturday, October 29, 2011

Reality Bites!

Alternately titled:  This One's For You Jen!

Ok, so sometimes I look through my blog and think to myself, "Wow, self, your life looks perfect (some of you are laughing right now, aren't you?!)."  It's true that I love my life, I have the best husband, 2 adorable kids and far more blessings than I deserve, but perfect?  Um...nope, not at all, not even close...  And I'm sure you know, that I only put the things that I want you to see on this blog.  Things like the kids' projects, cute stories, daily pictures and documented memories that I hope to look back on once my kids are grown.  However, one day last week (or was it 2 weeks ago now?) I was talking with my sister and as the conversation ended, I said, "I better get going, my house is a pigsty!"  She said, "yeah right" and laughed.  What she didn't know is that I was serious.  Really!  So, a few days ago when my house was once again a pigsty, I decided to take pictures (right before I cleaned it all up because I can only take it for so long!!!!!)... 

Here's a panoramic view

of my very messy

pigsty kitchen counters

including the pan from last night's supper {I was letting it soak...ahem!}

and the garbage, which made it out of the bin but not into the garage. 

Yikes, that's disgusting and pathetic.  I'm pretty sure the jury is still out on whether or not I'll even click 'publish' on this one.  Definitely not moving on to any other rooms in the house {you're welcome!}.  But while we're on the subject...those kids?  They aren't perfect either!  I was just reminded of this this morning when both kids had their bowls (that had once held applesauce!!) turned over and were using their spoons to hit them like drums.

I Man tried it again at lunch (this time with peaches).

And even though there are more and more glimmers of hope that someday my kids will actually get along on a regular basis, they still fight...a lot!

Today it was over a library book (I Man's shirt had been removed because of aforementioned peach incident)

See?  Sigh!

So, there you have it and now you know; my life is not perfect (surprise! *enter sarcasm here*), in fact some days, reality bites!

2 comments:

City Girl Gone Country said...

Ok, I know that this isn't very nice but seriously, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD at this one. I'm still not convinced that you didn't stage these photos. But, nonetheless, a VERY good post. I especially love the fact that for the good of the post, you let Lydia continue to hold the book out of Isaac's reach. SO FUNNY!!!

ND Dwelling Mom said...

I'm glad you laughed; I laugh too (because otherwise I might cry!). Staged pictures? No, unfortunately not! Oh and you know me, anything for a good picture! ;-)