our lives were forever changed by the birth of our first baby
a precious baby girl born breech, one day before her due date and with lots and lots of dark hair!
Since that day, our lives have been filled with more joy, frustration, smiles, tears, happiness, worry, delight, noise, love and blessings than we could have ever imagined!
Today, she is 4...4 years old!
{Self Portrait ~ October 2011}
Happy Birthday, L! We love you very much!
Recent Conversations with L:
While talking about the difference between I pads, laptops and tablets (with other adults; L was just listening)L: "What about the 10 commandments?"
Us: Pause to figure out her train of thought {tablet…10 commandments}…laughter!
After I flipped our calendars to the next month…
L: "Mom, why do we have 2 calendars that are the same?"
Me: "Well, this one has J, B and A5 and the other one has D, J and K."
L: "Yeah, there’s one kid at D and J’s but like a hundred at B and J’s."
Me: {through laughter} "Actually there’s only 5!"
While talking about creation…
Me: "What do you think God said after he saw everything He’d made?"
L: "Wow, this was a really great idea I had!"
A dinner prayer…
L: "Dear Lord, Thank you for this food and all the bugs. I Man really likes all the balls. Thank you for giving us garage sales. Bless this food down to my body. In Jesus’ name, Amen."
While ‘reading’ a book {filled with pictures and their word}…
L: "Mom! There’s something wrong!"
Me: "What?!"
L: "This word starts with a c but it doesn’t say /k/ listen, chair!"
Side note: I tried to explain this to her, but she’s
And just today while I was trying to find some baby pictures for this post...
Me: "Awww...look how little you were, and now you're all grown up, boo hoo!"
L: "Why boo hoo, mom?"
Me: "I don't want you to grow up! Can't you stay my little baby forever?"
L: "Mom, I've been little for a long time, now it's time for me to grow up!"
Me: Sigh!

No comments:
Post a Comment