Today's Christmas Countdown activity: "Throw a Birthday Party for Jesus"
We did this last year too but it ended up being part of our family Christmas {present opening} night. This year, (thanks to Lesley (who else?!)) I had the idea of giving gifts to Jesus and making this night totally about Him...
So, during I Man's nap, L and I made and decorated cupcakes for later.
After supper, D read the Christmas story,
before we sang "Happy Birthday" and blew out
the candles
and then
we dug in!
Later, we each wrote down some things that we could do for Jesus, as a gift to Him (you'll see that L's includes 'OBey' and 'AcT 4' {which would include no whining, throwing fits, being mean to I Man etc.}).
Even I Man did some writing (with a bit of help, of course!).
We finished, by wrapping each of our 'gifts' and placing them under the tree.
Happy Birthday, Jesus!
Happy Birthday, Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment