Because we live between our families (D's family is north of us and mine is south) we end up traveling for
each and
every holiday. This makes having our 'own Christmas' a little tricky. This year, it ended up being on December 21 and besides reading Luke 2 and opening presents {which we do every year}, we also had a birthday party for Jesus...

D brought home cupcakes (I had envisioned us
making cupcakes but, life happened and we didn't have time!)

L asked if she could blow out the candles (with help from daddy, of course!)

Then, we sang
Happy Birthday, Jesus and ate the cupcakes. Even Baby I had some!

D read the Christmas story from the Bible

and L read
her Christmas story.

Then each of the kids got to open their remaining presents from us. I know this is kind of anti-birthday for Jesus (as we should be giving
Him gifts), but I have some ideas on this for next year (thanks, Lesley)!

"Huh, what do I do with this?"

"Thank you
SOOO much!"

"Oooh, paper!!"

Then, while L went straight to playing with her new things...

Baby I preferred the plastic wrap!
We hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas celebrating the birth of the Saviour!
No comments:
Post a Comment