Monday, December 5, 2011

Picture of the Day ~ Week 48

We put up our Christmas tree today and both kids got to 'help' by hanging ornaments and placing the star {they both put the star up, but L was the one who actually put it up to stay}!

We have been having unusually warm weather here {and we still don't have any snow} so we spent some time running around the backyard today.

I love the simplicity of shopping online and having Christmas presents delivered right to my door {except for one recent purchase, ugh!} and the packages have been piling up around here!

L is becoming very good at coloring in the lines, so I was hoping she would like today's Christmas Countdown activity which was "color a Christmas picture and send it to someone of your choice."  When I told her about it she said, "I'll send it to Cousin K!" and went straight to work coloring this Christmas tree.  I think she was more excited about actually getting to send it to him though!

The kids and I made torn paper wreaths today...obviously, I Man had other ideas!

D is so good at playing with the kids; whether it's tackle football, Bingo or hide and seek.  These kids love playing with daddy!

As part of our Christmas Countdown, we made these salt dough ornaments.  L had a blast helping me cut out some Christmas shapes in the morning and we all got in on the painting fun once they were dry (they take 4 - 6 hours in the oven).  We added ribbons and L hung every. single. ornament. on our Christmas tree, but I might have her wrap a few and give them as presents...

No comments: