Monday, December 5, 2011

The Things He Says...

I Man is our happy go lucky, laid back, sweet baby little boy and is becoming more and more verbal with each passing day.  In fact, some of the things he says {and does} are so cute that I just have to write them down before I forget!

* One night while we were in the car, I Man spotted the moon which was just a sliver and said, "Moon broken!"

*  While L was counting she got to 19 and I said, "what comes next?" to which I Man proclaimed {what sounded like}, "20!"  This one might be a fluke, since he only counts to 3 on his own.  I've tried to work on 4 but he has no interest...  :-)

*  Occassionally, I will ask him if he is a baby or a big boy to which he usually replies, "big boy!" but one morning we had the following conversation: 
Me:  "Are you a baby?"
I Man:  "No."
Me:  "Are you a big boy?"
I Man:  "No."
Me:  "What are you?"
I Man:  "Monkey!"
Me:  "What?"
I Man:  "E E Ooh Ooh" {monkey sounds!}

*  If you ask him any question that begins with 'How was' or 'How is' he will automatically say, "Good!"

*  He can often be found playing mom or dad to L at the dinner table saying things like, "Sit down, Eye-yi!" or "Eat!" {You can imagine how well this is received by L!}, that is of course when he's not copying her... SIGH!

*  This morning I don't think I got into I Man's room as soon as he would have liked me to because when I opened his door he said, "Mama, done sleeping!" and then he asked me where his paci was {which we took away more than 2 weeks ago and he hadn't asked for until today}.

*  He plays well by himself but will often stop playing, grab a book and come to me saying, "book, mama, sit down!"  And when he flashes that adorable little smile how can I say no?

*  His favorite book, as of late, is Otis a book about a tractor and a calf who are best friends.  He loves this book {which is pretty long} and as soon as you finish reading it he says, "again!?"  I think D read it to him at least 16 times this weekend but that must not have been enough because today I found I Man like this...
 
hanging out on the steps reading his beloved book to Gerry the Giraffe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so cute how he sits on his feet!!!
Little man!!
Grandma M