Since our move, I’ve been a bit preoccupied trying to unpack, settle in and figure out life in this new place. Unfortunately, this means I’ve said a lot of “Go play!” and “Not now L!” and haven’t done a single project (unless you count coloring books and stickers!) since we moved in almost 2 weeks ago! Today, after L’s ‘not so quiet’ quiet time she was whining and crying because I told her not to touch the boxes I was working to unpack. Then she said, “but mom, I just want to do something with you!” I said, “Why?” and she said, “Because I love you and I like you and I want to do something with you {insert a huge helping of guilt here!}.” Of course, I stopped everything to do this alphabet puzzle with her because I love her {and like her}, too!
Aw the joys of
new older home ownership. A few days after we moved in, I noticed that the tub faucet was dripping and sounded like the water was still running when it was off. Yesterday, it seemed worse so today D called a plumber to come and take a look. Five hours later, we had a new {working!} faucet, spout and shower head!
While I was mowing today, I noticed some beautiful orange flowers on the south side of our house. Later, I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of them {poppies?!}, as well as the lilies of the valley, bleeding hearts, lilacs and other plants {which I don’t know the name of} and flowering trees in our yard. We have definitely inherited some beautiful landscaping!
Project time is back...sort of! Today after lunch, I decided to pull out the ‘do a dot’ paints for L as an impromptu project. She was thrilled and while I thought it would give me a chance to put Baby I down for his nap, he had other ideas! He cried and cried for me to pick him up so he could do it, too! To my surprise though, he was far more interested in trying to put the caps on than in actually painting {must be a boy thing!}!
We ate supper in the car tonight on our way up to D's parents' place. And yes, we did have more than just Ranch Wheat Thins {YUM!} and pop for supper, thankyouverymuch!
D's mom and sister watched our kids this morning so we could go fishing {thank you!!}. We had a good time and I even caught 2 of these little Perch and 2 HUGE Northern Pikes (well almost, I didn't exactly get the Northerns all the way into the boat but it wasn't my fault...seriously, just ask D!).
This afternoon, we took all 3 kids on a boat ride around the gravel pit. It was L and Baby I's first time on a boat! L loved it, Baby I not so much!
2 comments:
Ooooo...that bite mark on I's face makes me sad! And the bill from the plumber makes me MAD! Again, why can't we live closer? I KNOW Ben would have fixed it for 1/2 that! ;)
That wee little perch looks like a Hallmark card in the making!
It's so hard to look at that bite mark...was it a girl who bite him? Poor baby!! Looks like you had a great weekend!! Love you Mom
Post a Comment