Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Different, But the Same

Some of you are probably eagerly awaiting a 'photo tour' of our new house, much like this post I did of our old house. And maybe, if we ever get things hung on the walls and those last few boxes {containing items I'm not sure what to do with} unpacked and put away, I'll take a few pictures to post {although, then you wouldn't have any reason to come and visit us would you?! Hmmm...}. We have met many of our neighbors {none of whom are scary or crazy, not that I was wondering about that (ahem!)} and are beginning to settle into our 'new' house.

And you know what? Life here is different, but it's pretty much the same...

Baby I still loves his blankie {or in this case L's blanket, since it's pink!} and has been more attached than usual since our move.

L still enjoys coloring.

Both kids still like to play the piano {I use the term 'play' loosely, of course!}.

We still play outside,

and now we can play basketball!

The kids are just as excited as I am as ever for D to come home from work.

We still mow the lawn

{froggy boots and cowboy hat optional}

and make messes.

L still prefers daddy to read her her bedtime story.

Baby I still needs comfort sometimes,

and he still very much wants to be wherever L is.

So yes, life here is different, but the same and each day it's beginning to feel more and more like home.

No comments: