Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Scavenger Hunt

I got a new camera yesterday {hooray!}, so today when L and Baby I wanted to go outside, I decided to go for a walk/scavenger hunt!  It was the perfect opportunity to try out the new camera, get outside and avoid having to wash clothes and small children after they inevitably found and played in the mud puddles in our yard {we have had a lot of rain here lately!}. I originally saw this idea on my friend Lesley's blog {which I believe she found here}.  I printed out a {free!} scavenger hunt sheet for L, attached it to a clipboard, handed her a crayon...

and put both kids in the stroller!

We didn't even get out of the driveway before L found and crossed off both car and van!  Other things we found include...









{The picture on the scavenger hunt list looks to me like a broom but L found this rake and I thought it counted!}

L was very serious about the whole thing saying, "now I'm looking for a bug, do you see a bug Baby I?" and "I heard a bird, that counts, right mom?"  In the end, we found everything on the list except for a squirrel and a cat.  L was pretty disappointed, but then I reminded her that we did find a puddle, mailbox, street light, fire hydrant and garbage truck, none of which were on the list!  Baby I was content to sit, look and say, "puppy" whenever he heard one bark!  It was a fun and easy morning 'out' and I gotta say, it's so nice having a 'good' camera again!  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good thing you got a new camara...since your other one is being pick up by the Savage garbage this week...Andy said it was full of sand, no way to repair.
Love the pics with the new camara!!!
Mom