Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Camping We Will Go!

This past weekend, we went camping in Canada with D's parents.  L was very excited because she'd been told we could go to the beach and L loves the beach!  It was a quick drive from Grandma and Grandpa's and once we got there, we just had to find our campsite...

number '2 and an 8' as L called it.

The camper {where we stayed with the kids}.

The tent {where Grandma and Grandpa stayed, I think we got the better end of that deal!}.

And then, we were off to the beach!

L would live at the beach if we let her...seriously!

I'm really not kidding!  In fact, we had to bribe promise her ice cream at the Holy Cow {cool name, eh?} in order to get her away from the beach!

Some fun and a hot dog roast at the campsite...

before heading to see the dam.


I took this picture from the dam but we were able to use a paddle boat the next day {which I didn't take any pictures of, gasp!}.

When we weren't at the beach, L settled for the playgrounds {yes, there was more than 1} and both she and Baby I had a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa!

We spent the rest of our time at the beach which L, of course, loved.  Baby I on the other hand, is not a big fan!  I don't know if he doesn't like the feel of sand on his feet, the cold water or if he's just too shy and overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people at the beach but he wanted nothing to do with the water.  It took 2 hours and a skipped nap just to get him (and his ball!) to the edge of the water!

See?

Once he was there, he seemed to enjoy it and even splashed a little!

Then he decided he liked playing in the water and you should have heard him when we had to drag him away kicking and screaming leave the beach.  On second thought, you're probably glad you didn't!  Too bad he doesn't like ice cream...SIGH!

Thanks for the camping trip Grandma and Grandpa!  We had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like 1 and 3!!!