Thursday, September 8, 2011

Picture of the Day ~ Week 35


I called my grandma today to ask her what I was supposed to do with all of my seeded grapes!  She {of course!} knew exactly what to do!  Thirty minutes, two stained towels and about half of our grapes later we had grape juice!

We dropped D off at the airport today and he flew to Washington DC for a few days while the kids and I  went to Mom and A's for the start of a whirlwind vacation! 

Mom took the day off of work today to join us at the zoo along with J and the A Team {minus A5}.  You'll notice in this picture that A3 and Baby I are missing.  Baby I was in the stroller in front of me {where he was stuck for the majority of the day} and A3 was waiting for her flip flop to be retrieved from the lion's den.  Aww...what memories we're making!  ;-)

 
The kids and I met my friend Lesley and her boys for a playdate today.  It felt weird that our kids didn't know each other {or even want to play together!} since I feel like I know them from her blog!  This picture was taken towards the end of our time together when the kids were just starting to warm up to each other.  After our playdate, the kids and I went out to lunch with some other friends of mine but I didn't take any pictures {boo!}.

We spent the morning playing with the A Team.  Here are all 7 cousins sitting in birth order from left to right {A1, A2, A3, L, A4, A5 and Baby I}.  We went back to Mom and A's today too and D came back from Washington DC (hooray!).

We hadn't been to the state fair in 5 years...until today!  The food was delicious and the kids enjoyed all the people, animals and rides {actually just L went on any rides and only one of them!} but the sheer amount of people at the fair starts to drive me crazy after a few hours (especially now that we're pushing a stroller!) and so I think it's safe to say, that I'm still good with attending the fair about once every 5 years!  :-)

We drove to my grandparents today and Grandma and I spent much of the afternoon looking through old photo albums and pulling out pictures.  I plan to make them a photo book as a gift for their 60th Wedding Annivesary {they celebrated 60 years on 08/31/11, amazing!}.

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

The lion's den! HA! That couch looks like it's bowing in the middle... Did you ever think - even 8 years ago that we'd have 7 kids between us. FUN!!