I Man!
You had to have known it was coming, right? I mean Baby I can't stay a baby forever {sniff, sniff!}! In fact, he is 20 months old today (the same age L was when I wrote this post) and each day he is showing me just how grown up he is getting to be! For example...
he no longer sits in his highchair, but at the table with the rest of us (I seriously asked D to get the high chair back out after seeing how big he looked sitting at the table!)
he doesn't like to crawl down the stairs {or 'steps' as he calls them} anymore but instead waits at the top saying, "steps! hand, hand!" (Excuse the picture, I was taking it while helping him down ~ you know, super mom and all...ha, ha, ha, ha! Just kidding, seriously!)
he climbs up onto chairs saying, "knee, knee!" (I think this is because when L sits on a chair without a booster she says, "I'll sit on my knees!")
he refuses to be left out of a project even if it's just coloring (which he loses interest in in about 2.3 seconds!)
he folds his hands and waits patiently while we pray before proclaiming, "amen!"
he has 'big kid' determination
and a mind of his own (yes, it is much more difficult taking pictures these days!).
He is still very much obsessed with balls (and is especially loving 'footballs' lately) but will occassionally play with a car, truck or tractor saying, "Vroom!" and "Beep!" and if he sees a train, car, truck or tractor he gets excited and says, "bubye!" as they pass.
If he wants me to read to or play with him, he grabs my hand and says, "sit down!?" unless he wants to play Ring Around the Rosy in which case he says, "ring 'round!"
He has recently learned the number one (though I'm not sure he actually knows what it means) and whenever you ask him how many of something he wants, he says, "One!"
He continues to be both a good sleeper (including naps - thank you, Lord!) and a good eater.
And when someone says, "who wants to _______?" He is usually the first to say, "I do!"
He is still very much obsessed with balls (and is especially loving 'footballs' lately) but will occassionally play with a car, truck or tractor saying, "Vroom!" and "Beep!" and if he sees a train, car, truck or tractor he gets excited and says, "bubye!" as they pass.
If he wants me to read to or play with him, he grabs my hand and says, "sit down!?" unless he wants to play Ring Around the Rosy in which case he says, "ring 'round!"
He has recently learned the number one (though I'm not sure he actually knows what it means) and whenever you ask him how many of something he wants, he says, "One!"
He continues to be both a good sleeper (including naps - thank you, Lord!) and a good eater.
And when someone says, "who wants to _______?" He is usually the first to say, "I do!"
But one thing remains the same, he is totally head over heels in love with his big sister and would follow her just about anywhere, unless of course she asked him to and then he'd probably say, "No!"
So, from here on out, Baby I will be known as "I Man" and hopefully I can get my act together enough to remember and document more of his antics (or Iisms?) before he grows up anymore! Sigh!
1 comment:
love it!! What a big boy! And yes, we knew it had to happen! God bless I man!!
love you, grandma m
Post a Comment