Wednesday, July 20, 2011

18 Months

Dear Baby I,

You are 18 months old today. How can it be? Wasn't it just yesterday that you were born? Actually, I can't really remember what it was like when you were a baby or how life was before you were born. It seems like you have always been part of our family. Today, I want to write down a few things about you at 18 months because in a few months, I'm sure to forget the details of today. You are a good sleeper {thank you for that!} and are becoming more and more verbal each day. You say please {pronounced 'peas'} and use this whenever you need help. Throughout the day, I'll hear your little voice saying 'peas, peas' until you find me and take me to whatever it is you need help with. You are also fond of the word foot {which you pronounce with a 'b'} and say it whenever you find your foot {or somebody elses'}! Just recently, you have started to say 'no' whether or not you really mean it! This is a bit frustrating as you will say no to something and then cry because you really DO want it {in fact, if you could stop that I would appreciate it!}! In addition to these and the words you could say {and sign} at 15 months, you can now say hi, moo {cow}, roar {lion}, puppy {followed by oof!}, mommy, daddy, baby, spoon, more, nose, knee, up, down, please, thank you, Grandpa, tummy, hi, bye, and L {or something like that}.

You are always happy

{ok, not always, but almost!}

you love to be outside

and are quite fond of obsessed with balls {this can include peas, grapes, watermelons...}

which makes bubbles {the ball you can never catch} quite frustrating for you.

You are easily entertained {yes, that is a toilet paper roll}

and even entertain yourself {blowing the pinwheel}!

You like to make noise

almost as much as you like chocolate!

You adore your sister and sit nicely while your she tries to 'help you.'

I'm pretty sure you'd follow her to the ends of the earth,

though there's bound to be a few spats along the way!

And sadly {for me, anyway}, you are growing up way too fast!

If you could stop that, I would appreciate it.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

Awww...Isaac! This is a great post! You're such a good mom Miss!!