Thursday, July 21, 2011

Conversations with L

{As we passed a lake or swamp or something}

L: “Dad, I’d like to look at the river. Can you please stop for a moment?”
__________________________________________________________

L: “Dad, do you want to color with us?”

D: “No, I think I’ll just watch.”

L: “Ok, but it’s much more fun to color!”
__________________________________________________________

L {while on her pretend phone}: “I’m talking to Julie.”

Me: “Who’s Julie?”

L: “Um, Cousin K’s teacher.”

Me: “Oh.”

L: “Why do you think I’m talking to her on the phone?”

Me: “I don’t know.”

L: “Well, look around, mom.”

{I look around}

L: “She’s not here, is she?”
__________________________________________________________

L: “I don’t like horses.”

D: “Don’t tell Grandma that!”

L: “Do you know why I don’t like horses?”

D: “Why?”

L: “Because they’re smelly!”
__________________________________________________________

{While playing a game of 'I Spy' in the car…}

L: "Let’s find a red barn!"

Me: "I don’t think we’ll see one {there isn’t one on the route we were taking}."

L: "Daddy, can you drive by a red barn so I can find it...please?"
__________________________________________________________
{While giving L the 'big sister' talk…}

L: "But Baby I's doing it!"

Me: "Yes, but you know better, you are older, you need to show Baby I the right things to do {blah, blah, blah}…"

L: "Huh, I have to think about that."

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

I literally laughed out loud at the conversation you two had about K's teacher. That's hilarious!!!