Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Picture of the Day ~ Week 16

Tonight during snack time, we were asking Baby I to say “mama” and “dada” and then clapping for him when he did. He thought this was great! So much so, that he began clapping for himself with great enthusiasm!

We met Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandpa P for supper at Culver’s tonight…

to pick up our ‘new’ 2005 Ford 500 {or a 'gold car' as L calls it} as we traded cars with Great Grandpa P.

Today was one of those days when I wish I could use a mulligan {you know, a do-over!}. It started with early wake times for both kids, which quickly led to whiny, crabby, fighting children. Add in a short nap for Baby I and some not so quiet ‘quiet time’ for L and my patience had vanished. D knew it had been a rough day and came home with these tulips {my favorite!}. Thank you, D!

L built this tower today and asked me to take a picture. I can’t figure out how she can build it with all those little blocks in the middle and not have it fall down {until she knocks it down herself, that is!}.

L and I made ‘Resurrection Rolls’ or ‘Empty Tombs’ or ‘Marshmallow Delights’ today {I’ve seen these all over the blogosphere but I used this recipe} and talked about the Easter Story. I’m not sure it sunk in though, because when Great Grandpa J asked her what she knew about Easter she said, “I don’t know, but we made something yummy!”

We spent the day in the car today {well at least 6 hours of it!} driving to my grandparents' house. Thankfully, we had lots of library books, a handful of ‘new’ DVDs and one kid who sleeps in the car!

Today, Great Grandpa J took us to a local hardware store to see baby chicks and ducklings! L loved it, Baby I wasn’t as impressed!

My grandpa loves to play Rook and every time we visit them, we try to play a few rounds. Today, we did just that {I had a hard time picking just one picture, so I didn’t}! L took the picture of all 4 of us and I love the picture of the cards on the table with both of my grandparent’s hands. My favorites, though, are those of Grandma and Grandpa who are laughing at Grandpa who was bragging about what a good hand he had {and he did, he and D took every. single. trick!}.

**Note: Before doing Picture of the Day, I would have never taken these kind of pictures! I’m so thankful I have these memories forever preserved. If you aren’t doing POTD, you should!

1 comment:

brad & lesley said...

Oh my stars! I had a do-over day a couple weeks ago, too! Except I think it was only 8 in the morning when I declared it, and was even tempted to put everyone back to bed and then get up again to literally start again! Here's hoping those mulligans are few and far between! :)