
L took this picture of D and I this morning before Church. I was going to crop it, but decided I liked seeing L’s vantage point {dirty dishes and all!}.

We had a
beautiful sunny day today, so I took the kids outside to enjoy it. They got along
wonderfully out there. Perhaps, it was because of all the room to roam or just the novelty of being outside. Either way, I was thoroughly enjoying the peace and the sunshine, too!

D dug the grill out of the shed today so we could have steak on the grill. It was delicious!

I have finally,
finally given in to the fact that perhaps, just maybe L doesn’t really need a nap anymore. And, while I know that there are days when she does need more sleep, she just
will. not. nap! So, we’ve officially given up on naps {I think so, anyway!} and gone to ‘quiet time.’ L seems much happier with the new arrangement and even asks me if it’s quiet time yet! I, on the other hand, am now taking suggestions on how to put the QUIET in quiet time!

The kids' laundry, a potentially boring POTD? Yes. Part of our everyday life? Absolutely! A more important part of the picture, though, is that green blanket on top of the pile; it’s baby I’s blanket. Whenever he sees it, he grabs it saying, “nigh, nigh!” He sleeps with it, plays peek-a-book with it, snuggles it, chews on it,
loves it!

Talk about April Fool's! We woke up this morning to snow…SNOW!!! Thankfully, we didn’t get too much {about 2 inches} but seriously, we could
really use some spring around here!!

D and I spent the better part of today moving the things we have stored in our crawl space to the garage. I’m beginning to wonder if we really thought this whole moving thing all the way through!

D, J and Cousin K came over for supper tonight. L and K got along rather well playing ‘Ring Around the Rosie’ and ‘Hide and
Peek’ {as Cousin K calls it!}.
1 comment:
Great pictures this week, Miss! Congratulations on buying a new house, by the way. Looks like the packing is well underway. When do you move? I wish I could help with the keeping-quiet-time-quiet thing. Drew is at the stage where he doesn't need a nap everyday, but he still does daily quiet time. He does get a bit rowdy and I have to remind him to quiet down. If it goes on too long, I end up taking away whatever it is he is playing with and make him lay down in bed with nothing. It works for him as he usually ends up falling asleep...doesn't sound like such a thing would work with your non-sleepy girl!
Post a Comment