Monday, March 14, 2011

Picture of the Day ~ Week 10

Wow, week 10 already?! I couldn't decide which picture to use for Thursday (actually I wanted both), so I did two. You're welcome! :-)

Today as we were leaving Church L said, “look mom, we could use this as our picture of the day,” referring to her walking in the snowy parking lot {a girl after my own heart!}. However, stopping in the middle of the busy post-Church parking lot for a picture is not such a good idea. Later, I tried to re-enact it, but L started ‘catching snowflakes’ on her tongue and I got a picture of that instead!

I needed to get a list made of things we need from the grocery store today, without having to chase after Baby I. So, I kept him in his high chair and pushed him close to the fridge so he could play with L’s leapfrog letters. Guess what? It was a huge hit! Although, I may have been subjected to the “ABC Song” more times than I care to count.

One day last week, I let L take some pictures with my camera and ever since; she has been begging me to take more ‘real pictures.’ So today, I handed her the camera and said, “Take a picture of Baby I and I!” And she did {the pictures of Baby I and I she took today, the others are from that day last week}.

We got a letter from the City in the mail today. D opened it up to find this {Yes, it does say ‘CONSENT TO CONSTRUCT OR REMOVE EMERGENCY FLOOD CONTROL STRUCTURES’}. Really?! Again? Sigh!

Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandpa were in town today for a Doctor’s appointment and they stopped at our place on their way home. L thought that everyone should wear a hat, so they did. They even let me take their picture {such good sports!}! Thanks for playing with us Gma, Gpa and Great Gpa!

D and I planned a date night for tonight before we knew that D’s family would be coming down. So, I left meatloaf and baked potatoes for everyone (including D, J and Cousin K who were babysitting) and we headed to Five Guys Burgers and Fries {hey, when you get a chance for a date, you take it!}. D had been wanting to eat here since it opened last summer and we finally made it. I gotta say, I think we got the better meal. The food was delicious!

Baby I loves to cuddle, he always has, even as a newborn. He can often be found like this, snuggled up on L’s Pillow Pet {or his own, whichever is nearby!}.

D spent part of his Saturday putting in a new sump pump. Our old one wasn’t working as well as it should have been {as in sometimes not at all, don't worry we have a battery backup too!} so he decided to put in a new one before spring. Spring…now that's a nice thought, isn't it?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish there where more days in the week so that we'd have more pictures!!!! Lydie is pretty good with that camera!! The picture with the Grandparents in hats...love it!!!
miss you!!!
Mom