Monday, March 21, 2011

Picture of the Day ~ Week 11

Baby I moved up to the ‘big boy’ nursery at Church today. I think it’s safe to say that he loves it over there!

We went to the grocery store tonight to pick up a few things. I
l. o. v. e. the shopping carts they have there! L gets to ‘drive’ while Baby I has his own ‘L-free’ zone up by me.

Today, I asked L to find a few books to read while she went potty. She grabbed one and I said, “why don’t you get 3 more?” L said, “no, 2.” To which I replied, “L, I said 3.” She then grabbed two more books and said, “But, look mom, 1, 2 {counting the ones in her hands} 3 {pointing to the one already on the bathroom counter}!” Sigh! Note: In the picture there are 4 books, because L got another one. After all, I did say, “3 more.”

I got to the end of the day today and realized I hadn’t taken a POTD so I grabbed my camera and snapped one of each of the kids all snuggled into bed. Ahh, the kids’ bedtime, my favorite time of day! {ha, ha, just kidding…maybe!}

And, just for fun--this is me all snuggled in to bed a few years ago...
{My dad would have been the King of POTD!}

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I’m not Irish, but my kids are (or so D tells me), either way I thought today was the perfect day to make rainbow cupcakes ~ YUM!

Cousin K was at our house today because D and J needed daycare. The kids had a good time playing, fighting, watching Word World eating and taking naps (actually the only kid who took a nap was Cousin K, man can that kid sleep!). This picture was taken during lunch at which point they were having a deep conversation about the beach. I love listening to their conversations...

After almost 5 months on the market, we sold our house today! I didn't take a picture of us signing the actual purchase agreement, which we did at a different house (that we're seriously considering making an offer on) and the kids weren't with us at the time {thanks again, Dawn!} but I did re-enact it later that day at a different house (we saw five today!) with the kids. Hey-they're part of all of this too! Now we just need to find some place to live!
Note: I know, some of you may have not even known we were trying to sell our house. Sorry, but quite frankly, it's been a long, drawn-out and exhausting process which I plan to post more about in the future. We are not leaving the area, just looking for some more space...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy!

I am definitely surprised on your house news!
I swear Patrick told me a few months back that Del told him that you refinanced so usually you don't move after doing that (but maybe I heard from him wrong - of course, he doesn't remember telling me!)

Anyway, congrats on selling your house, but sorry to hear it hasn't been the smoothest experience. Besides needing more space, are you looking to move away from the river (I know your house is safe up to 44? Still, the 2009 flood was a little too close for comfort if you ask me!)

Of course I can't resist poking some fun - are you expanding your brood again? Just something I thought of when you mentioned you need more space. :-)

Melanie

ND Dwelling Mom said...

Um...no, let the record show that we are not 'expanding our brood again' thankyouverymuch!

Anonymous said...

The record has been received and noted!!! Ha,ha!

Your two beautiful kids are enough...for now at least!(and maybe forever!?!?) Look at me - I can't even handle the 1 I have!

Great blogs - you have such a way with writing. I very much enjoy them and look forward to each and every one! I don't often get around to commenting but I DO read them and LOVE them!

:-) Melanie

brad & lesley said...

I definitely need to find a reason to make more rainbow baked goods...I think I'll go your route with the cupcakes next time. ;) And congrats on selling your house! I took a hint from a previous post about attending an open house that you were at least looking. YAY for space, right? Good luck finding just what you're in need of! :)