Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Scrabble!

That's right...I played Scrabble with my 3 year old today. Well, sort of! You see, I found an idea for a fun letter project here and since L loves to 'build words' I thought it would be fun to try. So...

I printed off the 'winter spelling words' sheets and broke out our Scrabble game...

I took out the letters L would need to build the words...

and let her at it!

See?

I think she enjoyed it.

Pink bear even got in on the fun!

L did the first 3 by herself and then she got silly (she'd put the wrong letter down, you know, just for fun) so we did the last 3 together. I'd find a letter and then she would until we were done.

Ah, sweet L... I'm afraid it won't be too long and we'll be playing Scrabble for real!

1 comment:

stevenellie said...

I like this scrabble idea for kids.