So, here it is, my first "Picture of the Day" post and I must confess...
I love this!!! I find myself looking at every moment of our day as a photo opportunity. I suppose that's really what it's all about, remembering the little, non-important,
everyday stuff! The only problem I have with it, is narrowing it down to just ONE picture for each day. However, since it's my blog (and eventually my blog book) I can do what I want, right? So this week I have 2 pictures for a couple of days since I just couldn't choose which one to use. When I add this post to my blog book, I'll have to decide if I'll keep both pictures or narrow it down but for now, you get 10 pictures for the price of 8 (an extra picture because January 1st fell on a Saturday)! Lucky you!

We ended 2010 with double blizzards. One came through on Thursday leaving a layer of ice (from freezing drizzle) and around 5 inches of new snow. Another blizzard came on Friday leaving us 5 more inches and HUGE drifts everywhere! The interstates all around us were closed and no travel was advised. We had to postpone our Christmas with D's family and didn't leave the house at all Thursday, Friday
or Saturday (I take that back, D did go out to shovel!). Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

After Church today, we took the kids to Target. L got to spend some of her very own Christmas money (thanks, Greg and Connie!). She got some glow bracelets and four books {one is already lost,
SIGH!}. I had her pick out 5 things from the dollar section thinking she would spend all $5. However, I neglected to look at the clearance signs hung all over and when we went to check out (L gave her money to the clerk and everything!) the total was only $2.14. I guess L has some more money to spend...or
save!

He crawls! Baby I has learned to crawl on his hands and knees. It's funny though, because he is actually faster at the army crawl and still prefers to do that if he's going a long way!

We had banana and raisin snowmen for dessert tonight. I owe the credit for this fun and healthy snack to another mom in the blog world only I can't remember where I saw it! Just know that it was NOT my idea! ;-)

As I was picking up some toys today I found this puzzle. Do you notice
which letters are missing?!

I play the 'Sibling Ref' on a daily basis but today, the kids were actually playing together. L was building towers for Baby I who would then crawl over to knock them down. However, L doesn't get the concept of moving away to build the tower elsewhere and so before she can finish building it, Baby I is already there to knock it down. This is apparently very frustrating to L {note the look on her face} and to me (as I have to referee)...

Baby I loves to put things in his mouth (his blankie, toys, books etc.) and today I got this picture of him with his
sock in his mouth. He was actually crawling around with it in there! So funny! He is going to be our comedian, for sure!

You should know, that I
hate loathe scrubbing the kitchen floor, or any floor for that matter, but especially the kitchen floor. I have two little kids and after our next meal the floor is going to need to be scrubbed again. Seriously, what is the point!? Today, I scrubbed the kitchen floor anyway; there is just something about clean that makes me happy!

Saturday is the one day a week that we typically eat breakfast as a family (Monday - Friday D is gone by the time both kids are up and Sunday is a crazy busy morning trying to get everyone ready and out the door for Church!). Today, D made waffles - YUM!

Shoveling is perhaps the job that
D hates but does anyway {thank you, D!}. Strong winds the past couple of days, had made the snow drift in our driveway and D went out to work on getting it cleaned up. When he was just about done, I sent L out to 'help' him finish the job!
1 comment:
I can't help but smile when I read these! I'm so glad you're tackling this project...and that you're so excited about it. Pretty crazy fun, huh??? Such great pics this week - love the puzzle with the missing letters! :)
Post a Comment