and I for one hate New Year's resolutions! I've never really been the type to actually write out my resolutions, but I always have them (among others ~ eat better, exercise more, daily devotions etc.). So, why do I hate them? Well, let's see...today is January 4th (4 days into the new year) and I have broken each and every resolution I have made thus far. SIGH! I'm much more of a 'start over again tomorrow' kind of girl than a 'better luck next year' (good thing too, can you imagine what I'd have to deal with in 2012 if I let the next 361 days go by??).
Now, at this point, you are probably wondering why I'm sharing this on my blog. Well, it actually has nothing to do with the resolutions I've listed above, but rather a goal that I have for this blog. It's called "Picture of the Day." My friend Lesley did this on her blog last year and I so enjoyed the weekly posts that I thought it might be fun for me to try this year. The point is for me to take a picture each day of our 'everyday life.' I'll post them here weekly (on Mondays, I hope!) and eventually they'll end up in myscrapbook blog book (since this blog is quickly becoming my only scrapbook!!) for the year. A perfect way to remember the little things that might otherwise be forgotten... Lesley does a much better job of explaining this than I ever could. You can check it out here if you're interested!
So, how am I doing thus far? Well, as I mentioned above, I have broken each and every resolution thus far (this one included) so, I've done some scrambling to make up for January 1, 2 and 3 and am starting today with "Pictures of the Day." Stay tuned as I try to "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big." ~Robert Brault {Thanks for the quote, Lesley and the whole Picture of the Day idea!!!}
Now, at this point, you are probably wondering why I'm sharing this on my blog. Well, it actually has nothing to do with the resolutions I've listed above, but rather a goal that I have for this blog. It's called "Picture of the Day." My friend Lesley did this on her blog last year and I so enjoyed the weekly posts that I thought it might be fun for me to try this year. The point is for me to take a picture each day of our 'everyday life.' I'll post them here weekly (on Mondays, I hope!) and eventually they'll end up in my
So, how am I doing thus far? Well, as I mentioned above, I have broken each and every resolution thus far (this one included) so, I've done some scrambling to make up for January 1, 2 and 3 and am starting today with "Pictures of the Day." Stay tuned as I try to "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big." ~Robert Brault {Thanks for the quote, Lesley and the whole Picture of the Day idea!!!}
Oh, and because I know you all come here for the pictures (as opposed to my crazy ramblings) I leave you with this...
Their New Year's resolution must be to share!
Or not...this picture was taken approximately 2.2 seconds before they began fighting over this new toy (which belongs to Baby I). Baby I got it away from L who than began whining that he wasn't sharing. Apparently, they aren't big fans of New Year's resolutions either. Sigh! There's always tomorrow, right?!?
1 comment:
Love Love LOVE this!! YAY you! YAY picture of the day! YAY memories and families and remembering all of it! YAY YAY YAY! Oh pardon me, I'm just so excited you've decided to jump on board with this. It's awesome, and I know you'll find it to be so rewarding. And don't worry about missing a day or two or ten...it's pretty easy to find "fillers" or just skip a few days all together. It doesn't matter...it's your book! Oh I can't wait to see your pictures!!! :)
Post a Comment