I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had ‘veteran parents’ tell me to “Enjoy it [parenting], because it goes by fast!” I must admit that sometimes, it doesn’t feel like it’s going very fast! In fact, some days are just so busy (and long and tiring) that I haven’t taken time to enjoy them (or get anything done for that matter)! So, in an effort to live in the moment and truly enjoy it, I plan to post a 'Because Babies Grow Up' post periodically to remember the things about today that someday I know I will miss. And, because even though the days are long, the years really do go by fast and babies really do grow up!
What I love about L (2 Years, 10 Months, 16 Days):
What I love about L (2 Years, 10 Months, 16 Days):
- How when you hear something new, you say, “What’s that about?”
- The conversations we have.
- Your imagination! You can imagine just about anything!
- The way you pull your arms and legs back and pause for a second before you take off running (just like the characters on Word World?)!
- That when I ask you to tell me your memory verse for the week you say, “I don’t know that one but I can do the 'But Jesus said,' one!”
- How you still crawl into my lap for stories and songs.
- When you say, “I’m sorry mama, I didn’t mean to…” Even if I know you did mean to!
- That when we are outside and you hear Baby I talk or cry on the monitor, you say, “Uh oh, I’s awake, but that’s OK he’ll go back to sleep” with a smile and a look in your eye that says, please don’t stop playing with me!
- That as soon as you get outside; you screech or yell because now you can use your ‘outside voice’!
- How much you like to wear your sunglasses even when we’re inside!
Daddy thought you looked like a flower child and wanted me to get you to do a 'peace' sign. All I had to do was ask you to show me how old you are! :-)
What I love about I (7 Months, 13 Days):
- That when I give you a bath, you splash and kick so much that by the time you’re done, there’s very little water left in your baby tub.
- Your big, open mouth smile!
- That when you get excited, you kick your legs and move your arms!
- The way you snuggle into me when you’re tired or not feeling well.
- The way you clamp your lips shut tight when you don’t want any more food!
- The way you blow raspberries, especially if you do it with your paci or a bottle in your mouth!
- The way your eyes light up when you see your sister or daddy!
- The way you think it’s funny when I show you signs (‘more,’ ‘tubby,’ ‘all done’), except for ‘milk.’ That sign makes you mad because you ARE hungry and you want your milk NOW!
- The look of wonder that you have on your face when you sit in the front of the cart at a store!
- That, since you’ve learned to roll onto your tummy, I often find you like this after naps or bedtime.
So proud of yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment