Friday, September 17, 2010

Conversations with L

{L banging on the piano}
Me: "One finger, please!"
L: "Teddy’s playing, it’s not me."
Me: "Then tell teddy to use one finger."
L: "But mama, teddy doesn’t have any fingers!"

L: "I’m hungry!"
D: "I know, we’re going to get something to eat."
L: "From the door, daddy?"
D: "You mean the drive thru?"
L: "Yeah, there!"

{Talking about D's cousin J and his girlfriend K}
L: "Does K work?"
Me: "Yes, she’s a nurse."
L: "What about J?"
Me: "He’s going to be a doctor."
D: "What are you going to be, L?"
L: "I’m going to be the hurt one!"
Me: "You mean the patient?"

{While getting in the car after church}
L: "Daddy, can I have something to chew on?"
D: "You can have your water if you want to."
L: "I want something to chew on!"

{Pointing to the fridge, which has pictures of our nieces and nephews}
L: "Mama, how come I’m not up there?"
Me: "I get to see you in person everyday!!"
L: "But I’m a cousin, too!"

Me: "D, can you turn the light on downstairs so L can go potty?"
L: "Yeah, because it’s dark down there and kind of scary…but that’s OK. God is with me when I’m scared!"

No comments: