Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me! Monday

It's Not Me! Monday again...a day when I confess what has NOT been going on around here (but really has!). Here goes...

This is NOT the only picture I took of baby I on the day he turned 3 months old. We were NOT away from home all day while our new carpet was being installed. I did NOT forget the camera at home and I did NOT run out of time to take adequate 3 month pictures of our little guy. Nope, NOT me!
This is certainly NOT the photo I'm going to use as his 3 month picture (taken a few days after he turned 3 months old) in his baby book instead...
While preparing for our new carpet (in the entire house!) we did NOT have to move everything out of every carpeted room and closet! We did NOT put most of the downstairs things in the laundry room. Even if we did, L did NOT get into that room the next day and find all sorts of new (read: things I'd stored away for later, due to excess toys and 'stuff'). Even if she did, she did NOT come upstairs looking like this...
She did NOT take the crown (or glasses) off, but leave the hat on for the remainder of the morning. She did NOT find a whole stack of 'new' books and sit in the corner of her room to read them. Nope, NOT her!
L does NOT enjoy eating Frosted Mini-Wheats for breakfast. Even if she did, she would NOT talk to the little Frosted Mini-Wheat on the box. Her conversation does NOT go like this: "You have eyes, and a nose, and a mouth and elbows and hands but not fingers little mini wheat! How are you?! I'm a L!"
Furthermore, she does NOT read the letters on the box. Even if she did it would NOT read like this: "M-I-A-I W-N-E-E-X hey that's not an X it's a T!"
I did NOT purchase a 9 cube organizer that I have been wanting for quite some time. I did NOT use it to organize some of the clutter around here. Even if I did, I did NOT teach L that toys and books belong in a certain place and must go there when it's time to clean up. I did NOT threaten to take away any toys that weren't put away in an effort to teach her responsibility. After all, she is only 2 1/2 and this would make me a crazy mother!
She is NOT a quick learner and does NOT already know where things go when it's clean up time. This is NOT how she picks up the books all by herself! I am NOT thankful that the books are on the shelf where they belong!
We did NOT go to Dairy Queen at 4:45 on Saturday afternoon. After all, a good mother would be preparing supper at this time!! We did NOT go to DQ for ice cream (and not supper). L did NOT get her very own ice cream cone for the first time (she's had ice cream before, obviously, just not her own cone).
She did NOT thouroughly enjoy it! See?
While putting back some of the furniture that we had moved in order to get our new carpet, I did NOT set baby I up on the couch. He did NOT end up falling over on the couch. I did NOT leave him like that since he appeared to be enjoying it. See?

The other day, L did NOT throw a toy 'up in the sky' only to have it land on D's dresser. I did NOT have myself a good chuckle while she spent the next few minutes looking for the toy. I did NOT find it amusing that she didn't ask me where it was since she knew she wasn't supposed to be throwing toys in the first place. Nope, NOT me!

This weekend, D and I did NOT cuddle with L and take turns telling stories. L did NOT surprise me by being pretty good at her part of the story...

Me: Once upon a time...

L: There was a cowboy named Jen...

D: Who had a horse named Hoby...

OR

Me: Once there was a snowman who lived at the south pole...

L: And he was mad...

D: Because it was too cold!

Finally, I am NOT feeling like a super mom today because I gave both kids baths, did all of the laundry, washed dishes, swept and scrubbed the kitchen floor (yes, by hand, it needed it badly!), ironed (and I hate ironing) and am now blogging while both kids are asleep. I am far too humble to be proud of such mundane things! ;-)

No comments: