Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Me! Monday

It's Not Me! Monday a day when I confess what has NOT been going on around here (but really has!)...

I do NOT find random letters strung together by L as 'words' on my fridge...
NOR do I find large piles of letters on the floor next to my fridge...
Even if I did find them in the above places, I certainly would NOT find them in my garbage disposal!?!?
L does NOT talk to her own feet. Even if she did, she would NOT have a conversation with them about how they are sore from all the walking. This was certainly NOT derived from hearing me talk about my own sore feet after a walk in some new shoes the other day. This is NOT a picture of her having this conversation...
I did NOT take pictures of baby I having 'tummy time' the other day...
L did NOT come up and ask what we were doing. She did NOT ask me to take her picture too...
She did NOT give her teddy bear some tummy time of his own as soon as baby I was done.
I did NOT dye a whole box of pasta the other day for L to use for making necklaces.
She did NOT play with them by putting them on her fingers instead of actually making a necklace.
See?
The unfinished (or should I say barely started!) necklace did NOT end up on the floor while she played. Oh and that is certainly NOT a piece of leftover cereal on the floor under the table. My kitchen floor is always clean!!
I did NOT let L 'help' me make salads for supper the other night. She did NOT mush up the lettuce more than actually tearing it. She did NOT make and eat her very own salad (albeit mostly croutons!).

I did NOT give L a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow in place of the s'mores that D and I were eating yesterday (hey - that was messy enough!). Even if I did, L did NOT look down at the chocolate bar and say, "H-E-R-S-H-E-Y-S...chocolate!" :-)

D's sister was NOT here the other day for just a few minutes. L did NOT want her to go upstairs with her. When we adults were talking to each other and not L, she did NOT say, "Well, it's getting late now!" (apparently she wanted to move on to something else!!).

I did NOT have the foll0wing conversation with D and L the other day but forget to post it on my Conversations with L post. I have a wonderful memory these days and NEVER forget anything!

D: "Did you take a good nap today, L?"

L: "Yes, I did!"

D: "Does mommy think so?"

Me: "Yes!"

D: "How long did she sleep?"

Me: "I'm not sure what time she fell asleep."

L: "I fell asleep snoring like a horse!"

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

Cute, cute, cute! My favorite? Her talking to her feet!!