Friday morning, we said goodbye to the kids,
left them in good hands,
and headed to the airport.
From which we flew {I love cloud pictures from the air!},
and took the train,
to the windy foggy city!
Because of the fog, we scratched our plans to see the John Hancock Observatory and went to Navy Pier instead.
Before we met up with J,
for some Chicago style pizza
and a walk through the city.
On Saturday, I slept in {bliss!} before we happened upon the Chicago theater {since we missed our El station, oops!},
on our way to the Art Institute of Chicago
{some of their more famous works of art}.
Later, we met up with this cute couple for lunch and then ice cream,
on Navy Pier {it was considerably less foggy this day!}.
This is the view from J's apartment where we stayed while in Chicago {thanks again, J!}.
We saw Peter Pan on Saturday night.
And later we watched the fireworks,
from the top of J's apartment building.
On Sunday morning, we went to the John Hancock building.
{the view}
Later, we met J and K for lunch and then packed our bags and headed back to the airport for our flight home. When we got back, the kids were super excited to see us. Apparently, L had told Grandma that morning, "I think my parents are staying away for a week!" she seemed happy to have us back. Baby I seemed a little upset with us for being gone and would not let me out of his sight without crying. I gotta say, it felt pretty great to see that we'd been missed! Mom and A said the kids were good and that they'd all had a good time {but I'm pretty sure that they were glad we were back too!}. ;-)
They must have had a good time, since this was Baby I shortly after we got in the car to head home.
L didn't sleep {of course!} but she did watch Cars in almost its entirety (here she is covering her eyes because Mater and Lightning are tipping tractors, which is apparently scary?)!
Thank you Mom and A for watching our kids {we promise to wait a while before we ask you again!}. Thank you J and K for hosting us in Chicago {we had a great time!}. Most of all, thank you D for this wonderful getaway, it is the best 30th birthday present I could have asked for, you really are the best! Now, I better get back to it, I think someone is calling my name {you know, mom or mama or mommy!}...








1 comment:
Ditto and ditto! I couldn't agree with you more! YAY for weekend vacations! YAY for time alone!! YAY for 30th birthdays!!! Happy early birthday! :)
Post a Comment