Saturday, December 18, 2010

Run, Run, Run

...as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man baby! Today we read The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett. It was a favorite in my Kindergarten classroom and after buying a gingerbread house kit (because that is SOOO much easier than making my own), I thought it would be fun to read it before making our gingerbread house!

The book turned about to be a great distraction for L while D frosted the house!

L was more than ready to start decorating, though!

(that is when she wasn't eating the frosting... Oh and thankfully, we were practically done decorating before L realized that what we were using to decorate was candy!!)

Baby I was there too, but he mostly played in here before getting tired and eventually going down for a nap.

Voila! Gingerbread house...

but unfortunately for the gingerbread baby...

he won't have a house to live in...

since later this afternoon...we ate it!

No comments: