Monday, December 6, 2010

Green Playdough and Conversations with L

This morning, I attempted to make some dark green, peppermint scented, homemade playdough for L and I to play with. Instead, it turned out to be light green and smells mostly like flour. SIGH!

I envisioned us making fun things like wreaths and Christmas trees and I even brought out the craft beads, buttons and sequins for extra fun!

L on the other hand...

wanted to make a cake! Oh well, we had fun anyway and hey, maybe tomorrow (or next week, ahem!) I'll pull out some Christmas cookie cutters to go with the light green, flour scented, homemade playdough! Oh, and just in case you're wondering about the yellow thing? L says it's a jump rope! I intended for it to be tinsel. ;-)

And now, for some recent conversations with L...

{While deciding where to eat out one day…}
Me: "What’s that Southwest Grill place like??"
L: "Mommy, we’re girls!!!!"
Me: "You’re right!"
L: "So, we can eat there!"
Me: "No, sweetie I said grill, not girl."

{As I was trying to feed Baby I (who prefers to feed himself these days)…}
Me: “Baby I, no, no! Keep your head still.”
L: “He’s a baby, mom. That’s just what babies do!”
{Ah, how I love it when my own words come back to bite me!}

{While D was sweeping the kitchen floor for me (thank you, D!!)...}
L: “Daddy, what are you doing?”
D: “Sweeping.”
L: “But mommies are supposed to do that!”

No comments: