Monday, July 19, 2010

Not Me! Monday

It’s Not Me! Monday, again. A day when I confess what has NOT been going on around here (but really has!)…

I do NOT use my daughter’s sorting abilities to my advantage in order to have her help me empty the dishwasher. NOT me!

L does NOT (already!) use Baby I as a human dress up doll. See? Upon heading inside to feed Baby I, I did NOT tell L to play nice and not to touch the apples on the apple tree. I do NOT now realize that this is probably similar to telling you not to think about oranges (you’re NOT thinking about them, are you?). When I peeked out to check on her I did NOT find her touching and eating the apples (yes, as they hung on the tree). She did NOT continue to do this despite me telling her to “Stop!” I did NOT go out to find not 1…
or even 2... but 4 apples that she had sampled on the tree. See? She is NOT telling me in this picture that “Mama, I’m not eating them anymore!”

SIGH!
And finally, upon telling L that she could not stand on the bottom rung of Baby I’s high chair, she did NOT go upstairs and come back with a pillow which she proceeded to set on the floor and stand on so she could see Baby I.
Baby I does NOT think that L is hilarious and I do NOT worry about the kind of trouble that these two are sure to get into someday. Nope, NOT me!

Oh, and L is certainly NOT still standing on the high chair rung in this picture, despite her ingenious plan to use a pillow instead!

No comments: