Monday, July 26, 2010

Here Comes the Bride Flower Girl

This past weekend, L was the flower girl in D's cousin's wedding. I was a little bit nervous to say the least. After all, L is only 2 1/2 and if you'd read this blog for any length of time, you know that she can have a mind of her own.

We went to the rehearsal on Friday and during the practice, L stopped several times on her way down the aisle and was acting very silly. After a few more practices she was doing better and I had resigned to the fact that 'kids will be kids' and everyone will understand, regardless of how it goes (though I still envisioned myself having to apologize to people she threw flower petals at in the pews or asking her to stop talking and just walk!)!

On Saturday, I put L’s dress on and did her hair. She was very excited about the flower I put in it. See?

Then, we headed into town for pictures at the gazebo. L did pretty well with those (as well as a 2 1/2 year old can, anyway) and then she was free!

Free to explore the gazebo... burn off some pre-wedding energy... and hang out with her new found (read: rarely seen) cousins.

As for the wedding, L did a great job. She and the ring bearer walked up nicely... and L only stopped once, when the ring bearer told her, "you're supposed to be throwing those flowers!" And then she did throw them, all at once and in front of the first pew!
Once she was seated with us, she only complained a couple of times (in a loud voice) that she "didn't get to pick up the flowers" (as we had in rehearsal the day before) and that "that girl is touching my flowers!" Oh and Aunt D and Uncle J said that they didn't even hear her say, "I AM whispering" from their seats in the back of the Church. All in all, I'd say it was a success!

Afterwards, L got to eat cake and then she danced! Where do you suppose she was during the circle dances??

In the middle, of course!

No comments: