Sunday, March 4, 2012

Conversations

D: "You were such a good girl today!  How many marbles do you think you should get?"
L:  "Um...29? (bear in mind that the most she's ever gotten for one thing is 3!)"

Me:  "Come on, bud, let's go change your diaper."
I Man:  "Um, no thank you!"

{While at the store}
Sales Clerk:  "Hi, how are you?"
L:  "I'm good, my name is Lydia, L-y-d-i-a (yes, she spelled it!). 
Sales Clerk:  "What a pretty name, my name is ____."
L:  "Oh, this is my brother Isaac.  He's 2."
Me:  "This is why we don't teach her her phone number!"  :-)

{After dropping the play cookies}
D:  "Uh oh!  What do we do now?"
I Man:  "Cry!"

{While wearing his blanket around his neck}
I Man:  "Mom, I'm a superhero!"
Me:  "You are?"
I Man:  "Yep, Eye-Yi and I are goin' on a 'venture!"

D:  "Are those good wheat thins, I Man?"
I Man:  "These aren't wheat thins."
D:  "They're not?"
I Man:  "They're crackers!"
L:  "Wheat thins are crackers!"

L:  "I'm the oldest and you're the youngest."
I Man:  "I not the youngest!"
L:  "Yes, you ARE!"
Me:  "Let's not fight about this {again!}.
L:  "But I'm the oldest right?"
I Man:  "Happy Birthday to you..."

{While using my wrist to check I Man for a fever...}
I Man:  "Hey, don't knock on my head!"

No comments: