Bad News: It was to take I Man to the doctor.
Good News: I Man does NOT need antibiotics
Bad News: He DOES have RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) **translation: tough luck, there's nothing we can do for you.
Good News: His oxygen levels are 96% (meaning he's getting 96% of the air through his airways).
Bad News: He's wheezing.
Good News: The Dr. says his cough is 'productive.'
Bad News: His cough sounds awful.
Good News: When he's not having a coughing episode he acts fairly normal.
Bad News: Bedtime, naptime, meals and running around trigger coughing episodes - ugh!
Good News: He is 2 years old this time around (as opposed to 2 weeks old like the last time he had RSV)
Bad News: Knowing your baby is sick and not being able to do a thing for him stinks no matter how old he is!
Bad News: I Man and I had to stay home from Cousin K's birthday party on Saturday.
Good News: Good thing we did, as the Dr. thinks he was most contagious Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Good News: According to the Dr. we can still go to storytime tomorrow (RSV is spread through droplets and is not airborne and since he sits in his stroller he won't be directly involved with the other kids)!
Bad News: His cough might get some serious glares from the other moms.
Good News: Valentine play-doh is just as much fun when you're sick...
Especially when you play with big sister "Eye-Yi!"
No comments:
Post a Comment