Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful {and a couple of conversations with L}

She's thankful {and so are we} for the many blessings God has given us. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


{side note:  I am in L's Sunday School class on Sunday night and we did this project last week.  I *heart* handprint turkeys!  Oh, and she's thankful for the birds but not I Man, hmmm...}

Conversations with L:
L:  "I'm going to like heaven!"
Me:  "How do you know?"
L:  "I've already been there before I was born."
Me:  "You mean because God made you?"
L:  "Yep {pause}...and then did he throw me down here?"
Me:  {through laughter} "Not exactly!"

{While L was emptying the silverware and discovered the baby spoons in the back of the drawer}
L:  "Hey, can I use these spoons?"
Me:  "Nope, those are for babies who don't have any teeth."
L:  "You should get another baby so we can feed it with these spoons!"
Me:  "You think I should get another baby?"
L:  "Yep, you can just ask God if He wants to make one for you."
Thankfully, L was content when I reminded her that Auntie {D's sister} was having another baby.
L:  "Oh, then we can use these spoons to feed her baby!"
Me:  "Hey, great idea!"  ;-)

No comments: