Monday, October 25, 2010

Not Me! Monday

It's Not Me! Monday again. A day when I confess what has NOT been going on around here, but really has! Here goes...

I did NOT buy a large bag (yes, a small bag would have sufficed!) of autumn mix candies the other day so that L and I could sort...

and pattern with them.
(**Note: I did most of the patterning, L doesn't really 'get it' yet!)

Even if I had done that, there is NO way that L's favorite part of the whole project was counting out five pieces...

and eating them!
(I certainly did NOT eat lots of 5 pieces either, nope, NOT me!)

I do NOT find Baby I in all sorts of interesting places these days...

see

what I mean?

And finally, L has NOT started saying things like "Baby I isn't giving me enough space!!" since he has become more mobile.

Oh, and L and I did NOT have the following conversation just this afternoon...

{While we were playing with Noah’s Ark}

L: “Look, mama, the giraffes are out (of the ark).”

Me: “They are? Isn’t it raining?”

L: “Mama, we’re inside!”

Me: “I know, but the ark is what Noah built when God told him there would be a big flood. He took all of the animals in the ark and then it rained for a long time.”

{Long pause (you can see that the wheels are turning in her head)…}

L: “They (the giraffes) have raincoats on!”

No comments: