Thursday, October 14, 2010

Conversations with L

I know I posted a "Conversations with L" post not that long ago but the Word file where I keep our conversations logged (you didn't really think I just remember all of these, did you??) was full so I thought I'd share some more.

{When I went down to get L up one morning…}
Me: "Good morning, L!"
L: "Where’s daddy?"
Me: "At work."
L: "No he’s not, he’s here!"
Me: "No, he’s at work."
L: "But last night he told me ‘Goodnight L, see you in the morning!’"
Me: "Sorry sweetie…he’s at work!"

L: "Daddy, will you wash my hands?"
D: "Why?"
L: "Because they’re disgusting!"

Me: "L, what do you want for breakfast?"
L: "Mashed potatoes!"
Me: "No, not for breakfast."
L: "But, I love mashed potatoes!"

Me: {talking to D} "…I was putting away L’s laundry…"
L: {laughing} "Mama said pudding!"

L: "Look, mom, the moon is out and it’s not dark yet!!"
Me: "You’re right!"
L: "Maybe he {the moon} doesn’t want to be alone in the dark!"

{While snuggling with L}
Me: "L, can you stay my baby forever?"
L: "Sure!"
{Fast forward several weeks}
L: "I’m getting bigger right, mama?"
Me: "Yes, you are."
L: "I’m not staying your baby…but Baby I; he’s your baby now!"

No comments: