Monday, August 23, 2010

Not Me! Monday (Horse Edition)

It's Not Me! Monday again...a day when I confess what has NOT been going on around here (but really has!).

We did NOT take both kids on a short road trip this weekend to watch Grandma P compete in the National Barrel Horse Association State Finals. Even if we did, there is NO WAY that I forgot my camera making it necessary for me to use my cell phone to capture a few pictures. Even if I had to do that, there is NO way that I now have no way to get the pictures from the phone to my computer to post them here without the memory card that D ordered today. I will NOT post those pictures another day (if they are any good). Until then, you canNOT click here to see our pictures from last year. It was NOT pretty much the same except for hotter and with two kids (3 counting cousin K) instead of one!

While at the NBHA Finals, we did NOT see a lot of horses, making our art project for today perfect for L!

With her own horsey as inspiration, we did NOT make this footprint horse...

L did NOT make the nose or put the eyes on by herself. Nor did she cut that green grass (therefore using a scissors for the first time). What kind of a mother would let her not even 3 year old daughter use a scissors?! NOT me!

Even if I did encourage allow this, I certainly did NOT give her more paper to practice cutting just because she was so excited about it and wanted to "cut more!"

For our outside playtime today, I did NOT set up some old cat litter buckets and call them barrels. I did NOT have L pretend she was a horse and run around them like she saw Grandma (and many others) do on Saturday.

Even if I had done that, there is NO WAY that L would have been disqualified for 'breaking the pattern'...

NOR would she have gotten distracted part way through the 'race' by the "kitty on the barrel!"

or tell me that she was tired and needed to get some hay!

She is certainly NOT asking me if I want some hay, too!

Baby I was NOT enjoying the outdoors with us. After all, he is only 7 months old and should be napping for longer than the 50 minutes he did this morning...

rather than watch his sister run around like a crazy person horse!

And in some non-horse related news, I did NOT tell L to put her socks on so we could go outside...

I did NOT wonder if I should have been more specific after finding her like this. NOT me!

We are NOT having a very windy day here today causing the bags from our recycling bin to be strewn around the yard. Even if they were, I did NOT have L run to collect them after having her recite this week's memory verse (1 Thes 4:11 Work with your own hands). I was NOT happy to see her cheerfully run off to "do her work!"

And finally, L has NOT begun to share her love of books with her little brother.

See?

No comments: