Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beach Bound

L has been asking to go to the beach since we got back from Canada (almost 2 months ago), and since yesterday was a hot and sunny day we decided to go! D took the afternoon off of work and we packed up both kids and headed to a local state park. We got there just before 2 and had just finished putting sunscreen on the kids when they blew the whistle for a 10 minute safety check (meaning everyone out of the water), thank goodness we hadn't already gotten in, only to have to get out again! So we took pictures and played in the sand for a while...



I don't know why, but I love this picture of Baby I who was checking everything out.

L was very excited to finally get in the water!

Apparently, L and baby I are too into playing with the water to look for this picture!

Baby I's first time in the water (of a pool, pond or lake)!

About 30 minutes into our beach trip, baby I was ready for a nap. I put him in the stroller and took him for a walk while L enjoyed playing in the puddles on the shore (go figure!), swimming and playing ball in the water. She also enjoyed talking to strangers making new friends...

like this lady who L shared a puddle with...

or this little girl who played with L and her ball.

Today, though, L told me that her favorite part of the beach, was playing in the water with daddy (right after she asked me for the sixteenth time if we could go back to the beach)!

No comments: