Friday, August 6, 2010

Buttons!

Lately, L has been much more into playing than doing projects. In fact, most weeks, we do our 'letter of the week' project and that's it! However, today L asked to finger paint and since I needed to make some squash from the garden into baby food I said, "OK!" After she was done (and I cleaned up the mess that is finger painting), L asked to play with buttons. I knew that she meant the colorful ones in the art tub (normally used for art projects), but I have a whole bunch of other buttons that I knew would provide some sorting fun so I said, "actually I have some other buttons you can play with!" to which L replied, "You do?!?!" with a huge grin. I ran to get my bag of buttons (that I had collected while teaching) and a 'sorting plate' (which I recently found on clearance at Target). We sorted the buttons by size, color and number of button holes...

"These buttons are big!"

"That button has two holes!"

We discovered that most buttons (at least in our button bag) have 4 holes and that most of them are white or clear.
Then L sorted them her way!

Her favorites (teddy bears, flowers and butterflies!)

and the ones to give to Grandma (perhaps because they are pretty!? Not sure about the brown one!)...
This picture is for you mom, since I'm not sending them to you OR keeping them out until the next time you visit!

Baby I didn't get in on the button fun (talk about a choking hazard!) but he did have fun chewing on the sheep in his exersaucer!

I LOVE learning while we play, don't you?

No comments: