{While trying to take a picture of I Man}
Me: "Look up here, bud. What's on my head?"
I Man: (Without even looking up) "Your hair!"
L: "Do you like princesses?
D: "Yes, I'm a big fan.
L: "You're a big fan of girly things??"
{While sitting at the table for dinner}
L: "Look, we're sitting in order!"
Me: "What do you mean?"
L: "See, humongous (pointing to D), big (pointing to me), medium (pointing to herself) and small (pointing to I Man)!"
Us: Laughter
Me: "You two play nice while I run in and switch the laundry or it will be time for bed."
L: "So, if we want to go to bed we can be mean?"
Me: "Um, NO!"
{SIGH!}
L: "Mom, it's gonna rain."
Me: "How do you know?"
L: "Pastor said it."
{Me looking at D in question.}
D: "I think he read, 'may blessings rain down on you' from a missions letter."
D: "Awww, I Man you knocked over all of the fence."
I Man: "No, Dad, I didn't knock over that one (pointing to the one of ten not knocked down)!"
D {to me}: "Looks like he's going to be an optomist!"
L: "Mom, I'm starting I Man on a Pillow Pet Class."
Me: "You are?"
L: "Yep, he's going to learn how to open and shut his pillow pet!"
{While playing hide and seek}
D: "We found you, I Man!"
I Man: "I was in my thinking spot!"
(We've been reading Winnie the Pooh stories...)
D {to me}: "What are you going to do with these muffins?"
I Man: "I want a muffin!"
Me: "It's not the muffin you're thinking of."
L: "What kind is it?"
Me: "An English muffin."
L: "A talking muffin?!"
Us: Pause to figure it out and then laughter (lots of laughter!)
(Don't get it? English!!)
{While playing L's 'butterfly game' (she gives us butterflies and tells us to play) with I Man}
Me: "Hoo (while flying my butterfly)."
I Man: "It doesn't say 'hoo,' Mom."
Me: "It doesn't?"
I Man: "No, it says, 'flap, flap'."
{While eating a picnic in the porch}
I Man: "I hear an owl!"
Me: "I do, too."
L: "Me too. That's silly. How can we hear him all the way from China?"
Me: "Why is he in China?"
L: "Because it's day time here!"
(L has asked us a series of questions about what happens to the sun at night. In short, we've told her that it goes to the other side of the world (or China). She also knows that owls are awake at night and sleep during the day. Apparently, in her 4 year old brain, if we can hear an owl here during the day, we must be hearing it from China!) :-)
Lost
9 years ago
2 comments:
Hil.ar.i.ous. This is good stuff. I think my fav is the Muffin story!!
that Lydia very logical girl! Does she understand why you guys laugh at what she says?
I like the muffin story and the owl story. smart girl that one!!!
Grandma M
Post a Comment