Tuesday, April 17, 2012

He's the Sneaky One

I'm referring to I Man, of course, our sweet, innocent little 2 year old...or is he {sweet and innocent, I mean}?  Today when I put I Man in his seat for lunch I saw that he had markers all over his hands.  Not unusual for him except that we hadn't used markers today.  So I asked him, "Were you using markers, bud?"  His reply was, "Yep!" 

 
So, I went on a mad hunt to find the alleged markers and possible graffiti somewhere in the house.  I looked in every room where markers can be found but could find nothing...

 
except for this.  A list I had been making covered in marker and pen scribbles.  I went back upstairs and asked him what markers he'd used.  He said, "Your markers!"

 
Really?  But how could this be?  I had just checked and my markers were still on the shelf of the desk in the office.  See?

 
Sure enough, I opened the marker box to find a dozen {non-washable} markers without caps on (a sure sign that I Man had been in there!). 

Get the scenario...I Man had gotten my markers, taken them into the living room, scribbled on a piece of paper, put them all back in the box and back on the shelf in the office without me knowing about any of it! 

I put the caps back on and went upstairs to ask I Man if he had put the markers back.  His reply, "I did put the markers back, yep, uh huh."  I then reminded him that he was not supposed to use mom's markers without me knowing about it but get this, besides his fingers and my list there were no. other. marker. marks. anywhere! 

Yep, he's the sneaky one.

{Click here to reminisce about the not so sneaky one!}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mom needs to put the markers on a higher shelf. Where was Lydia during all this? hard to beleive she kept quiet through it all and didn't sell him out!?!?!?!?
love you guys!! Mom

Simple SAHM said...

Boys, they'll keep you busy! Glad to know that I'm not alone in these troubles :)