At naptime on Friday I laid L down and told her (just like always) to stay in her big girl bed until mommy came to get her. I then went upstairs to feed the baby and attempt to nap myself. Unfortunately, all I could hear from L's room was talking and then screaming and then (after a couple of hours) I heard L say "Ready, Steady, Go!" before hearing a pound on the wall. This happened a few times before I headed downstairs to see what was going on. I was sure I would find her out of bed and thus breaking my "stay in your big girl bed" orders. Instead I walked in to find her pillow, stuffed animals and blankets on the floor while her sheet and comforter were pushed all the way to the end of the bed. What was she doing you might ask? She was having races on her bed. That's right...she would start at the end of the bed, say, "Ready, Steady, Go!" and then run until she ran into the wall at the other end.
Was she breaking the rules?
NOPE...
just bending them a little.
Sigh!
What's a mother to do!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment