Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not Me!

It's that time again...when I confess what has NOT been going on around here (but really has). Since it is not Monday I had to title this post plain old "Not Me!" Here goes...

It is NOT me who has totally been slacking on picture taking (once again) even though we have a brand new digital camera. Nope, not me!

I have NOT been avoiding the computer (so as not to get sucked in) and have been concentrating on getting our 2009 scrapbook done before baby arrives. It is NOT me who finished it yesterday and is now back at the computer! ;-)

Since putting L in a 'big girl bed' it is NOT me who finds stuffed animals and dolls placed all around the house on a pillow with a blanket like this...
L certainly does NOT spend the majority of the day putting animals and dolls to bed saying, "you stay in your big girl bed until mommy comes to get you, ok?" Even if she did say that I have no idea where she would pick something like that up.

It was NOT me who, despite the fact that L loves to do puzzles, put them all away one day after bending over to pick up the pieces of and put together 3 different puzzles for the bazillionth time. It does NOT frustrate me that even though L can put her puzzles together by herself, she chooses to leave them undone like this...
L has certainly NOT been asking about this "Three Bears" puzzle to which I have NOT replied, "It's put away now, play with something else." What kind of a mother wouldn't get her child's beloved toy at her every asking?? Not me!

It was NOT me who went to get the camera to catch L doing something cute only to come back and find her not doing it anymore. She did NOT say, "I smile for you?" and it was NOT me who made the mistake of saying,
"Ok, SMILE!" instead of...
"Say Cheese!" (note to self, "Say Cheese" results in a much better picture!)
Oh, and it is NOT me who has gotten used to L's new hair cut and happens to love it despite the fact that she looks much older and I'm still not sure it's even!

It is NOT L who likes to feed Elmo his 'bottle'
and it is certainly NOT Elmo who looks like he needs to be rescued. See?
It is NOT me who wonders why we bother buying toys and other play things for L when she would prefer to play with my laundry basket which can be a tubby or a crib or a pool!
It is NOT me who after 2 weeks of uncomfortable (read: miserable) evenings thought that perhaps I would have made some progress with this pregnancy only to find out at the doctor today that I have made very little progress at all. I did NOT feel extremely disappointed even though I know that it will all be over soon enough and that then I will have a newborn (and around the clock feedings, sleep deprivation and a jealous 2 year old!). It does NOT bother me at all when people who are NOT currently 9 months pregnant tell me that the time will go by fast...obviously time is relative!

Finally, it is NOT me who is off to the bathroom (again) and then to put up my swollen feet for a few precious moments before L gets up from her nap. Nope, not me!

1 comment:

City Girl Gone Country said...

Ok, so I love the the pics of Lydia of course, but my favorites are the one of Elmo needing to be rescued and the buffalo propped up against the tub/pool/crib watching her. Did she prop it up? Enjoyed your post!!!