Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Guilty!

I'm not sure that these pictures need much of an explanation but I will provide one anyway! The last time L had her hair cut was shortly before her 1st birthday, some 15 months ago. I have been trimming her bangs, of course, but other than that no hair cuts! For the last month, I have wanted to take her in for one but haven't gotten around to it. Today, however, after giving her a bath and trying to comb through the mess of tangles I decided maybe I should cut her hair myself. Afterall, I do the bangs and they're usually ok, right?? So I set L up in her high chair with an oversized bib, some colored pencils and her new coloring/sticker book and set to work...

I was doing ok until the sides got shorter...
than the back.
So I had to cut, cut, cut and trim, trim, trim...until it was resting above her shoulders (shorter than I had intended!).
The damage...
I wasn't (still am not) sure if I got it even as the back of her hair curls and flips on its own making it hard to tell. But I thought I better quit while she still had hair left and called D to warn him about what I had done. When he came home for lunch he said, "did you mean to get it that short?" and "that would be a nice cut for summer" before saying that he liked it. I should have reminded him that in a few short weeks he may be on 'hair patrol' and will thank me for cutting it! So...yes...I am GUILTY of cutting my daughter's hair myself instead of taking her to a professional and while I'm feeling a little guilty about it at least it's better than the mullet I had as a child, right (sorry mom)?!?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

You are a brave, brave soul! I cut Drew's hair with a clippers (hard to screw up there) and still second guess, wondering if I've gotten all the strays or gotten it short enough around the ears! You did marvelously, my friend! She'd be cute in any kind of cut...even a mullet!

City Girl Gone Country said...

Her haircut is adorable. We took Azlei in a couple of weeks ago to get her hair trimmed and thinned. The hair stylist (it's her JOB to cut hair) didn't even get it even! You did great!