L has recently started to love singing. She has always enjoyed music and hearing us sing to her but these days she is singing by herself. Among her favorite songs to sing are, “Jesus Loves Me” and “The ABC’s.” She doesn’t know all of the words to either song but she does pretty well. Her “Jesus Loves Me” goes something like this… ‘Jesus loves me, THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO!’ (the last part is in all caps because she is very exuberant with this part!) and her ABC’s sound a bit like this… ‘ABCDXYZ next time sing with me!!’ but it’s the cutest when she combines the two songs! “ABCDXYZ the Bible tells me so!!”
When I go for walks with L she likes to ‘walk on her own’ which is fine as long as she stays on the sidewalk. She knows that when we get to the red part (ya know, the edge of the sidewalk that leads to the street) that she has to hold my hand. The other night D, L and I went for a walk and she was dilly dallying (is that a word?) and so I told her she’d have to hold mommy or daddy’s hand. She then clasped her hands together and said, “I’ll hold L’s hand!” Yes, that should help her move along!!
L is not afraid of bugs. While I will run for a Kleenex or toilet paper at the first sight of a spider or other bug, L will pick it up with her bare hands. She will then tell me, “Bug!” and so I’ll run for the toilet paper, only to come back to the room to find her throwing the bug in the air saying, “It flew away!” (I should tell you that it makes no difference to her if the bug is dead or alive – YUCK!).
Thanks to a recent episode of Elmo’s World, L has a new fascination with drums. She likes to use her hands to pound on anything that will make noise. Recently, we were outside and she stopped playing and said, “What was that?” It was the neighbors (who are siding their house) and I said, “Someone is pounding.” She said, “I pound too” and ran over to the cable box in our yard to pound. She now likes to do this at least once every time we are out!
No comments:
Post a Comment