Monday, September 28, 2009

Be Careful What You Say...

and other silly stories!

If you haven't seen L for a while and you plan to, consider yourself warned. Not only is L a wonderful mimic of things that we do...she is now quickly picking up the things that we say too! Below are some funny phrases that L is now saying and of course, I can't imagine where she picked them up! ;-)

When surprised or upset: "Oh no!" "Oh boy!" or "Oh dear!"

While watching golf with daddy: "In the hole!" "He made it!"

"That's amazing!"

"That's great!"

"Look at you!"

"Mommy (or daddy)'s busy right now!"

"I do the laundry."

"Don't throw toys, mommy (after I toss a toy into the toy bucket)!"

"I can't see! The sun's in my eyes (while covering her face with her hands)!" This can refer to the actual sun or just the light in her bedroom!

We are trying to teach L that to obey means to do what we say, right away, with a smile. She knows this phrase all too well. On Saturday morning, we were awoken to L saying, "Puppy...right away, with a smile!"

A new favorite song of hers is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." She loves to sing it and can often be overheard singing it from her crib. Last night on the way home from church she saw a sign that she was calling a triangle. I said, "Do you mean that orange diamond (a road construction sign)?" She said, "It's in the sky" and I said, "kind of, I guess" and then she started singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." It took me a little bit to follow her train of thought! Do you?

While talking to the baby (my belly) she will say, "I hug it!" and "I kiss it!" She also gives the baby things like rings, books and the lion from Noah's ark (or "the dark" as L calls it). The other day she was patting my belly and looked at me and said, "I burp it!"

She is becoming quite the little mother. She likes to put her dolls and stuffed animals to bed and change their diapers. The other day she was 'changing' monkey when she said something like, "P U monkey, why don't you go in the potty?"

Ever since our visit to Grandma and Grandpa's she is also obsessed with feeding her baby in the high chair. This wouldn't be a problem except that we don't have a play high chair, which means she uses her high chair which she needs help with to get baby in and out of (because of course baby needs to sit in there just right). It is not just a put her in and feed her thing either. It's a put her in, "time to eat!" take her out "all done!" and repeat thing. See?


Oh well, maybe she will be easily distracted with her baby when the real baby comes this winter! What do you think?

No comments: