Friday, May 29, 2009

Garage Sale Finds

Recently, we had been garage saling for some outdoor toys for L (specifically a slide) and had not been having much luck. The problem is, that you have to get to the sales early on the first day they open in order to buy these much coveted toys, which are quite expensive new! Today our luck turned around! D took the morning off to help garage sale (or drive me around and take L in and out of the car). Take a look at what we found...

A swing!

The slide!!

"Whee!" says L

A very girly table and chair set (which of course goes inside,
but we had to try it out right away!!)...

and a Sesame Street cash register.


Of course, there are some other things that I didn't take pictures of including socks, shoes (3 pairs including the sandals L has in the 'swing' picture), some clothes, a toy shopping cart and a garden hose reely thing (ya know, the thing you put the hose on to reel and unreel...I guess I should have taken a picture of that)!

Anyway, a good time was had by all (except for L who wanted OUT of the car!) and hey...who doesn't like finding a bargain??

2 comments:

stevenellie said...

Cute finds. I've been wanting one of those garden hose reely things, but they're sort pricey new. That's cool you found one second hand. I also like the cash register. One is on our "to get" list too.

brad & lesley said...

WOW! So super jealous you found all of these great finds in one day! Way to go! I love garage saling...there's nothing like the feeling you get when you've gotten a bargain! Unfortunately, I haven't been out much this year (tagging along two boys to garage sales? I don't think so!) and I don't think my hubby would be as accommodating as yours! :)