* She likes to say "bless you" after someone sneezes or coughs! This includes herself and means that sometimes she 'fake sneezes' just so she can say bless you!
* She will bow her head to pray before a meal but may or may not wait for you to be done praying before proclaiming "Amen!"
* She can often be heard calling complete strangers (whether at church, Target or in the neighborhood) "Grandpa." I'm not sure that this is always well received by those to whom she is referring. Just yesterday we were at Target and she said "Great Grandpa" to a man in the store. I looked at him for his reaction and thankfully his wife said, "Isn't she cute?" I smiled and quickly moved on!
* She can say the words 'no' and 'obey' but I'm pretty sure she doesn't know the meaning of them, that must be it, right?!?!
* She likes it when we sing "Jesus Loves Me" before we put her to bed but the only part she knows is "bible so" (which of course means 'the bible tells me so').
* Each morning upon waking L's first question is "Daddy?" with her hands up as if to say "I don't know where he is." My reply is always, "daddy's at work" to which L will say, "bye daddy! car. vroom, vroom. beep, beep!"
* L has only once lifted the toilet lid and so far all of her toys have been safe from the waters of the "big potty" as she calls it. How long will this last??
* Finally, as most of you know L LOVES books! Her new favorite is called Mr. Wishy Washy (a garage sale find!!) and is about a man who washes the dishes. One day he washes the cat causing all of the previously washed dishes to come crashing down! L can 'read' a few pages. For instance, on the page where the cat jumps out of the water she says (or rather yells) "MEE-OWWW!" and on the page where Mr. Wishy Washy sees all of the broken dishes she says, "oh my!" Aww...what a cutie! Don't you think??
Well, I could go on...but I won't...I wouldn't want to bore you! Now doesn't this post just make you want to come and visit us and see some of L's antics for yourself?? No? Well, then we'll just enjoy her by ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment