Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Conversations

While talking about Mother's Day and Father's Day:
I Man:  "When is Kid's day?

While playing with his Super Heroes:
I Man:  "Flash and Lex Luger are having a playdate."
Me:  "I thought Lex was a bad guy."
I Man:  "I'm pretending he's being nice."

After a night at cowboy themed VBS:
I Man:  "Even sheriffs need sleep!"

While watching the toad she caught:
Me:  "Why's he doing that?"
L:  "He's not very smart.  That's why I didn't name him Smarty Pants."

I Man:  "Look, L, there's a spider...run for your life!!!!!"

After spotting a bunny in the yard and trying to 'catch it' while I watched from the window without her knowing:
L:  "Mom, my eyes hurt.  Can I have a carrot?"
Me:  "We really shouldn't feed the rabbits."
L:  "Oh" With a look of shock and a shameful grin.

L:  "The sink looks Egyptian."
Me:  "Excuse me?"
L:  "It looks like it's wearing one of those things Egyptians used to wear on their heads."
D and I:  Laughter
Me:  "Where'd you learn that?"
L:  "Wild Kratts.  I can walk like an Egyptian, too!"
D and I:  More laughter

I Man:  "Bad guys are only out at night so that people can't see them, right?"
A brief discussion about how both God and Dad will keep us safe from bad guys and we don't have to worry about them.
I Man:  "Mom, is Dad like Wolverine?"
Me:  "What do you mean?"
I Man:  "That library book says Wolverine can hear like a bat.  Can Dad hear like that?"

1 comment: