Friday, November 22, 2013

A Tale of Two Trips: Part Two ~ The Sea

Finally, the long awaited 'Part Two' of A Tale of Two Trips or, you know, not.  :)  So, after I left the kids with my sister at the farm, I flew to Monterey, CA to join D for a long weekend and early Anniversary trip.  Needless to say, it. was. awesome! 
 

 (these little guys were everywhere!!)
 

 (this rock is a bird haven and permanently white, any guesses as to why??)
 
 (the lone cypress)
 

 (pebble beach golf course)
 
 (the 18th hole)
 
 (sunset at Carmel by the sea)
 
 (view from highway 1 coastal drive)
 


 
 (lots of elephant seals)
 

 (We debated finding and touring Hearst Castle which I had never heard of.  So glad we decided NOT to skip it!)
 



 
Apparently there was a zoo near the castle at one point and the tour guide said that a herd of zebras still roamed the pasture with the cattle.  We figured we'd never see them (there is a lot of acreage here) but as we headed back to our hotel we were surprised to see the zebra herd, baby zebras and all.  So cool!
 
Yeah, I could get used to this view!


No comments: