I like living in the city. I enjoy garbage pickup, city water, a 10 minute drive to Target and not having to drive on gravel roads. But sometimes, I wonder if my kids are missing out on some of the perks and learning experiences that come with life on the farm.
Like outdoor cats (lots of them!),
brand new life,
and, unfortunately, the hard lesson that not all new life makes it
(these kitties didn't survive despite great effort by A1 and A2),
the importance of good chore boots
(L and I Man are still talking about how this bull 'wasted his hay' by putting it in his own...well, you know...)
more kitties(!)
chicken chores,
and farm fresh eggs.
And so, I'm thankful to have a sister and brother-in-law living the farm life and willing to share it all with my kids. And for their kids who are so kind and loving to their cousins and who tolerated them for a week (a week!).
Thank you J, B and the A Team!
Wondering what this is all about?
At the end of October, the kids and I dropped D off at the airport as he headed to California for work and we drove to my sister's house. The farm. I stayed for a few days before heading to California myself for a long weekend with D and my kids got a good dose of the farm life. And while I promise we won't do it again anytime soon, it sounds like they had a blast!
Stay tuned for
A Tale of Two Trips: Part Two ~ The Sea
coming soon sometime.

No comments:
Post a Comment